Katarina Morhacova (SAG/AEA) is an internationally recognized award-winning actor. Katarina lives in New York City and Los Angeles.
- She recently performed in a one-woman piece The Gilded Red Cage in La MAMA in New York City and Edinburgh Theatre Festival in Scotland where she gained significant recognition among UK critics and media:
“If Katarina Morhacova isn’t an international star in five years, I’ll get a Donald Duck tattoo (in-joke. See the play)” Malcolm McGonigle, The Skinny.
- Katarina was also the recipient of the 2007 EMCT Award for her highly recognized work as Estelle in the critically acclaimed No Exit.
- She has the lead role in an independent film The Journey of a Dragonfly, written and directed by Claudia LaBianca, a semi-finalist in Steven Spielberg’s “On the Lot.” “…Dragonfly” is being shot in Sicily, Italy and Miami, FL.
- Katarina is recognized for her extensive work in feature and short films in the US, Canada, France and Italy: Cuore Dolce (Monaco Film Festival), Drawing From Life (Cinema City International Film Festival), Under the Hood (London Film Festival), December Ends (Best Picture at Method Film Festival). Recently, she wrapped production on three feature films: The Intensive, Inventory and American Jubilee.
- Her professional US debut was in the production of Pericles at the American Repertory Theatre directed by Andrei Serban – the acclaimed theater director and Columbia University professor. Her first lead role came in the world premiere of Girl’s War written by Joyce Van Dyke and directed by Rick Lombardo at New Repertory Theatre.
- She studied theatre with teachers from world-renowned schools: Andrei Drozdin and Alexandre Marine from Moscow Theatre Art School and Lynn Singer from Yale University.
A native of the former Czechoslovakia, she still holds close family and cultural ties to the Czech and Slovak Republic.
She seeks roles that allow her to portray passionate, sensual, intelligent women.